Tuesday, March 5, 2013

KOHLER K-8501-CP Master Shower 3-Way Invigorating Handshower, Polished Chrome

Reasonable price for the item I purchased. I received prompt service. I would go to this merchant again. Bottom line: I was totally satisfied!

This handheld shower works great with lower water pressure and hard water. We've had it about 18 months and haven't had any problems with it clogging. We're on a well, so hard water is ever present. This unit replaced one I bought at a home improvement center that only lasted about 6 months before it got all clogged up. Because of our water pressure, we only use the one setting, but it's a good product.

Update: After 3 years, it is starting to fail. However, I'm buying the same model to replace it.

Just FYI, this does not includes the hose and fittings to actually hook it up.

As with most Kohler products, this is very good qaulity. We selected it to match the shower head and valve with the same finish. We had purchased a diverter valve show either this or the shower head could be used (this is intalled next to the shower seat). Only complaint is that "Vibrant French Gold" is not as "vibrant" as the Kohler gold trim we replaced (installed int he late '70s).

This hand held MasterShower 3-way unit was as described and well built. It did perform as described but was not what I expected. The model I selected was the invigorating style which had fewer holes and and at a wider angle of water dispersment. The water force was good but did not concentrate enough water in a small area. The pulsating setting were ok for the massage effect. I found later there was a relaxing model that I ordered and it is what I expected with the first unit I purchased. I have not attempted to return the first unit. It would have been nice if they had been listed side by side to show there was a choice and a difference.

Best Buy Bathroom Fixtures On Sale