Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Western Digital My Passport 2TB Portable Hard Drive - Black

I'm a long time fan of Western Digital drives. Not everyone likes the passport design but I find them visually appealing and chunky in a way that reassures of their quality. I already own a 0.350Tb passport drive as well as various myBook drives too and I've always found them reliable and long lasting. From my, admittedly, short ownership period of this one, I see no reason to doubt its build quality and eventual longevity.

I use my passport drives as my portable backup and bulk storage for media and various virtual machines. I've not had it long enough to make a definitive opinion of its performance, the USB3.0 connectors make a big difference of course but it definitely feels a lot faster than the older drives I have with stable transfer of very large files done in about third the time I'd expected. The performance is also good enough for me to run virtual machines straight off the drive rather than having to copy them back to the local drive.

Hard to say more really, it's a good looking, has vast capacity and is top notch piece of kit. Note the back-up software and advanced drivers, if you are using them, are not on a separate CD/DVD, they're on the drive itself, a useful point to note just in case you spend 20 minutes searching the place looking for it in vain like I did.


Best Buy External Devices & Data Storage Sale Online
Cheap Buy External Devices & Data Storage Sale Online
Best Buy External Devices & Data Storage On Sale