Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 500 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush with Precision Clean Brush Head

This is the best Braun Oral B I've had so far (been using them for years). Much less cumbersome to hold than the Vitality range, and gets into all the dental nooks and crannies thanks to the small head which can even brush the "back ends" of my 4 wisdom teeth squeaky clean without making me gag.

Lightweight, easy to clean, lasts a week without need for re-charging. The charging light is really useful so no more dying motor half way round, and the stuttering after 30 seconds for each "quadrant" stops me over-brushing. I find it charges up just as fast as the previous models, so no problems there.

The only downside? ...A pair of industrial cutters and some protective gloves would have been very useful in trying to get into the almost impenetrable outer plastic packaging - but with brute strength and determination I got in eventually. The bleeding stopped quite quickly, and I only needed two plasters... My fault for attacking it too enthusiastically... In retrospect I'd suggest a "stanley" type blade to cut round all 4 sides so that the two halves slide off cleanly, rather than attack with kitchen scissors (as I did), as the lethal jagged plastic edges do tend to fight back... But well worth it - teeth feel fabulously clean. Highly recommended.

Personal Care 001
Personal Care 002
Beauty 001
Beauty 002