Friday, September 21, 2012

Reviews Braun Series 7- 790cc Pulsonic Shaver System, Silver

Allow me to begin by saying I've never written a evaluation or endorsement of any product on the internet or elsewhere. In add-on, this review is not depending on my personal experience, however that of my eighty six year old father.

My father had already been a blade shaver for several years, but several years back developed macular degeneration and had an extremely difficult time with the standard razor and shaving lotion. At that point he adopted an electrical razor, and was pretty adamant how the Norelco shavers were the very best. However, it seemed such as the Norelco shavers only gave a great close shave for an extremely short time, and these were hard for him to wash and keep in great working order. Also, his beard is rather stiff, and most days he'd have a five o'clock darkness by noon!

Anyway, exactly twelve months ago I gave my dad this Braun razor like a Christmas gift, and I thought I'd wait to see exactly how it faired over many months before passing judgement. The truth is he loves it! I thought it could take him some time to get accustomed to it, but within per week or two he had been praising the shave he was getting by using it. He says it just takes him about 2 or 3 minutes to shave each morning, whereas his old Norelco had been a five minute ordeal a minimum of. The shave seems really close, and his five o'clock shadow now turns up at the right period! He loves the pop-up slimmer, and figured out how you can use the head locking switch to ensure that he can shave easily under his nose too. Finally, the self-cleaning function is simply what the doctor purchased here. He cleans it almost every other day, and a replenish lasts about six days at that cleaning price.

So, for Christmas this season I'm giving him the replacement head plus some cleaning refills. While I think the refills are a bit over-priced, it seems just like a minor thing given the entire ownership experience.

OK, it is a second hand endorsement, but originating from my Dad it's fairly high praise.